Friday, 10 January 2014

Fresh.

Just so you know, I'm eating bread with cheese and non-oil fried luncheon meat and cherry tomatoes for lunch as I type this.

Long story short, I'm in Norwich, United Kingdom for my pre-university studies.

Honestly, I don't exactly have a proper explanation for coming here. I go like, "Ugh, don't ask me this question," every time someone asks me why I chose to study here or abroad. All I knew is that I wanted to kind of get out of Malaysia and be in a new environment. I know this sounds really bad, especially when my sister starts talking about this kind of stuff (criticising people for just wanting to go overseas to further their studies just because they can afford it without even having a proper reason) and trust me, I do feel bad. Really bad. That's why I try to minimise my expenses and all. And then my sister would talk about how she worked her ass off to get the course and everything she wanted while I seemed to just sit around and not even study as hard as she did and still am allowed to go overseas. Yeah I admit that I am indeed lazy. You should've realised that at the very beginning of this post; I was eating bread for lunch and that's not normal for an Asian. So yeah I have been eating mostly bread for my meals these few days. Having to cook and do my own laundry kind of sucks, you know? Well, except that I haven't exactly done any proper cooking (unless you consider preparing instant noodles - without the soup - with non-oil fried luncheon meat and cheese for lunch and dinner proper cooking) and have yet to do my laundry. Yeah, I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Anyway, I just got back from a welcome talk and got my timetable so it seems like I'll be starting classes next week.

Oh and (surprise, surprise!) I did talk to quite a number of people here. I got to know this Japanese girl on the very first day, as well as a fellow Malaysian. And yesterday I went to the Riverside with this Indian girl (whom I got to know on the second day) and a bunch of people and they asked us if we wanted to join them for dinner. I had my dinner earlier on, so I just joined them and chatted with them (and drank water), I mean, after all, all there was there were pubs and nightclubs which I'm not allowed to go to as I'm underage (and I have absolutely no interest in them either) plus I had to get to know some people other than the few girls I've been talking to. There was a Japanese guy, a Hong Kongese guy, the Indian girl of course, a Singaporean guy, a mainland Chinese girl and guy, a Taiwanese guy, a Vietnamese girl and guy, an Iraqi guy and another two guys whose nationalities I didn't get to find out about. I have to say, I did have quite a good time there. Perhaps the people aren't all that bad after all. So, yeah, I'm kind of glad to say that I actually did talk to people and not just be my usual weird introverted self.

Basically, I'm excited yet nervous but still looking forward to experiencing the adventures that await me.

That's all for now! I'll try to update my blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment