Oh wow.
You have absolutely no idea how much I've been looking forward to this day my entire high school life. Every day has been a struggle - waking up at 6am, seeing people who for no reason make me mad sometimes, teachers and subjects I dislike (Mandarin language being on top of the list) and the many stupid and ridiculous rules we have (no keeping long hair - the stupidest shit ever I'm telling you). Basically that. Maybe the fact that I'm so weird (don't worry, I've found someone else so much weirder than me that I don't even know if I'm considered weird anymore) and how I despise everything school-related made me feel that way. Or my pessimism about school and attitude. I don't know.
Now that it's finally here - I'm finally done with high school, it feels bittersweet. I never thought I would ever feel this way about leaving high school. Never (if you bring in Justin's 'Never Say Never', I will slap you). All this time I felt like graduating from high school would be the best thing ever. But now, it's like, one minute I'm so glad that I'm done with high school and its bullshit but then the next, I'm like, "Wait am I really leaving???"
During the holidays before high school started, I don't know why but I just started bawling my eyes out because I didn't want to go to high school so bad. Like I'd actually just think about it and cry. And I didn't cry just once. When I went to high school, I, being my typical guarded and sceptical self (due to some shit that happened before that), decided to not get attached to anyone. I also decided to not call anyone my friend. I'd just call them all 'my classmates' when I address them while talking to my family members.
It's been quite a journey. And although I don't really like any particular teacher from my school, I'd like to thank all the teachers who've taught me, especially the extra dedicated ones.
Now, I don't know what to say. It's been nice knowing you guys - my classmates, although I have to admit I have turned against you all every once in a while when I got sad or really mad about something. But I'll remember those days. The days where we'd try to do absolute nonsense (eg. ask teacher a lot of questions, crack stupid jokes, tell stories) just to prevent teachers from starting their boring lessons. The days where you guys would make so much noise that I'd ask you guys to shut up. The days where we'd play dodgeball during Physical Education lessons as there'd be pretty much nothing else to do other than that (and there'd definitely be some psycho people screaming, no matter where the ball is thrown). And if you are one of those who keep on telling me to remember you, I'd say I'd think of you as a pretty stupid person because I don't think it's possible for someone to forget people who've been in their life for so many years. Forgetting someone's name is normal, but no one forgets the person entirely. And to those who just read the two sentences before this and are feeling honoured or extra happy, guess what, it wasn't a compliment. I was talking about common sense, guys.
Now, excuse me while I gladly enjoy life after high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment