Anyway, I'm here today to talk about, well, my second Bieber experience. So here goes...
So, I heard on a radio station (in June - right after my mid-year exams) that Justin would be coming and I was like, "No, that's not possible" 'cause apparently Justin said he'll only be coming back next year for his Believe tour (according to a DJ from another radio station who asked Justin when he went to Justin's official Believe listening party - they got to listen to the songs on Believe before the album was released - in London while Justin was there earlier this year). But then later on, they said Justin wouldn't be coming for a full-length concert but for MTV World Stage live in Malaysia 2012. And I obviously started fangirling. After much thought, I decided that I had to go for Justin's performance here this year as he'd only be coming next year for his Believe tour (as I mentioned earlier) and I'd be having my major government exams next year and my father wouldn't allow me to go for it next year. And the thing is, my father wouldn't even let me go for it next year even if I weren't sitting for my major government exams 'cause he's just like, "You've spent enough on Justin Bieber". That's just awfully sad. Ugh.
So, I heard that there was this competition on MTV Asia's official website where you can win passes for that MTV World Stage event. Actually, that was like the only way to win passes as the passes were strictly not for sale. On the MTV Asia's website, you have to play this game (which is really easy) and when you're done playing it, you can either stand a chance to win (where you've got to come up with a slogan and all and the judges will decide) or win a pair of passes instantly (a window will come out and you've got to fill in your particulars as quickly as you can). I started playing that game after finding out about it and about more than a week later, I completely didn't feel like playing the game anymore 'cause although the game was easy, it was really boring, plus there had this game sessions where you've got to be on during the game sessions - at certain times and for certain durations, say, an hour to play the game, then the game session will be off for about an hour or so before the game session begins again and you get to play the game again... And I was getting nowhere playing it. But then, never say never, right? ;) So when I was on the computer on the 6th of June 2012, I just randomly decided to go onto that website and as usual, I got nowhere playing it. Later on, perhaps a few hours later, I casually went on there again and was like, "Heyyy the game session's on!" so I played the game and prayed that the 'instant win' window would pop up and well, it really did! FOR REAL. I got so excited I nearly died. And was pretty much hyperventilating in front of the computer and screaming, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this to happen!" at my sister who was in the hall. And since you've got to be as quick as you can to fill in your particulars, I got so anxious and tensed up while filling in those stuff (I mean, finally getting this 'instant win' pop-up is amazing, but losing the chance to win the passes just 'cause you're too slow while filling in your particulars - it'd be horrible. Just like letting your hopes soar sky-high, only to let them come crashing to the ground. I didn't want that to happen, obviously) that I filled in the wrong 'contact number'. My reaction after realising it after I clicked the submit button? "Shit." And I was like happy and worried at the same time. Like, whaaat? But then I emailed them later on and managed to get it fixed. Thank God.
And I really can't describe the feeling of winning those passes. I just kept screaming and saying, "OHMYGOD." all the time. It felt like the 4th of April 2011 (the day where I won passes to Justin's My World Tour 2011 concert here) all over again. I was ecstatic, obviously.
The show was to be held in another state (Kuala Lumpur) on the 14th of July 2012 so my sister and I took a bus there the day before.
That night was also the last night for Beliebers to win Justin Bieber meet-and-greet passes. On the 30th of June, the Universal Music label actually held a Girlfriends' Day Out where we Beliebers had to go to certain shopping malls to get a 'certificate'. On each of the certificates are serial numbers (every certificate has a different serial number) and we had to tune in to a radio station from the 9th to 13th of July where the radio DJs will announce a range of serial numbers and if your certificate's serial number is one of those within the range announced, you'll have to be the first caller through (from the 9th to 13th of July) during the cue-to-calls (they had one cue-to-call every night only) and they'll then ask you an easy question about Justin and if you get it correct, you win a meet-and-greet pass. Like what? That's so friggin' hard. I, unfortunately, did not succeed in getting through and being the first caller through on the first night (the 9th of July) as that was the only night where my serial number fitted into the range mentioned so I didn't get to meet Justin. And mind you, that's just depressing. And unfair. I've been waiting for three years, you know. Ugh.
So, on Saturday morning, I arrived at the concert venue at 11.30am. The show was scheduled to begin at 6.30pm and I went there that early 'cause Justin was going to be opening the concert. People called me crazy for wanting to arrive there so early (I was planning to arrive there at 10am initially) but I'm telling you, there were people who arrived at 7.30am, apparently. Plus, Beliebers go hard, alright. I sat down and waited (it was kind of hot, but who cares? It was all worth it) and my sister bought me a Starbucks sandwich for lunch and she went off to meet up with a friend in the shopping mall nearby. I waited there, and slowly, more people came, bit by bit. I met four Beliebers (well, apparently they're not really huge fans of Justin but they think he's cool - they like him, but they aren't hardcore Beliebers or anything like that, unlike me ;P) and we talked for a bit. They asked me if I wanted to join them as I told them that I was there on my own so I was like, "Okay, I guess so", so we stuck together. They even offered me some sushi (their lunch - they bought those kind of sushi in boxes).
We then waited, till 3.00pm where the security, crew and all started letting people in - basically the X-Zone passholders first (I had the normal zone passes only). They then slowly let us normal zone passholders in and man, it was so crazy! We were all squashed up and there were people pushing, which made it worse. The guards let us in literally one-by-one. When I finally reached the entrance to the barriers (or railings), I had to wait for a while before the guards let me in. I managed to get in to queue at around 3.40pm. After that, the queue slowly got to enter Sunway Lagoon where the show was going to be held (it's actually a theme park where there's rides, and stuff like that). After my bag was checked, I literally ran all the way through Sunway Lagoon to the Surf Beach (the exact location in the whole theme park where the concert was going to be held) as I was hoping to get up front to be able to see Justin closely and maybe get to shake his hand if he jumped off the stage. I was forced to stop to buy a bottle of water though, as the people who looked through my bag didn't allow me to bring my water bottle in.
When I reached, finally, there were quite a lot of people already and I didn't have the slightest chance to squeeze my way through to the front. I stood there and waited, while watching music videos which were being projected onto the huge screens on both sides of the stage. They even played Call Me Maybe, Payphone, and Boyfriend, etc.
Remember this part of the video for Call Me Maybe? ;)
While the crew got the stage ready for the show, I managed to get a peek of Justin's awesome drum set:
Sorry, the photo's kind of blur as I took it with a cellphone.
But at least you can see what I meant, right?
Then Dan, Legaci and Tay James came out.
Justin finally came out at 6.30pm. He looked so good. He looked better than last year when he came here for his My World Tour concert. Okay, he looked absolutely perfect. *swoons*
I would've very well taken the photo of him on stage instead of him on the screen but I was too hyped and I forgot somehow so, yeah.
Anyway, here's the set list:-
1. Baby
2. All Around The World
3. As Long As You Love Me
4. Die In Your Arms
5. Be Alright
6. Wheat Kings
7. One Time
8. Never Say Never
9. Boyfriend
He sang Die In Your Arms, Be Alright and Wheat Kings acoustic, with Dan playing the guitar, as usual.
Ah, perfect.
At some point of his set, he actually said, "Swaggy" (it sounded more like "Schwaggie", which made it sound sexier, LOL). He even threw a bottle of water he was drinking out of halfway out into the crowd. Tay James also played Call Me Maybe and asked us to sing along! :D Oh, and Justin also introduced Legaci, Tay James and Melly Mel (the drummer) to us. And I remember him thanking us for being there too, and he mentioned something like, "I can see you all squashed up in the crowd!", and yes, we indeed were.
After his set, like last year (ah, memories!), he jumped off the stage to shake all the first rows' fans' hands. I was like, "AWH CRAP IF ONLY I CAME EARLIER!". When he started to shake their hands, this security personnel actually sort of prevented Justin from shaking their hands and you know what? Justin just shoved this security personnel's hands away and continued shaking their hands. Like, aww. Then after Justin went backstage when his set ended, Dan actually stayed back on stage, squatted down and spoke to some of the fans up front or listened to what they had to say. That was amazing. But it makes me wish more that I reached there earlier.
But anyway, I'm still grateful. It seems surreal sometimes when I look back, but still amazing. My second Bieber experience. Wow.
Just proves how much believing and never say-ing never helps.
(Photos taken on: my cousin's phone)
No comments:
Post a Comment