I read the book I Am Number Four a few months back (maybe at the beginning of this year?) and I think these are stuff worthy enough for me to put up on here. ;)
"We don't have to be defined by the things we did or didn't do in our past. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by regret. Maybe it's a regret, maybe it's not. It's merely something that happened. Get over it."
"Another of Henri's adages: Those things that are most obvious are the very things we're most likely to overlook."
"Images flicker, each one bringing its own sorrow or its own smile. Sometimes both. At the very worst an impenetrable and sightless black and at best a happiness so bright that it hurts the eyes to see, coming and going on some unseen projector perpetually turned by an invisible hand. One, then another. The hollow click of the shutter. Now stop. Freeze this frame. Pluck it down and hold it close and be damned by what you see. Henri always said: the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings."
"We don't have to be defined by the things we did or didn't do in our past. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by regret. Maybe it's a regret, maybe it's not. It's merely something that happened. Get over it."
"Another of Henri's adages: Those things that are most obvious are the very things we're most likely to overlook."
"Images flicker, each one bringing its own sorrow or its own smile. Sometimes both. At the very worst an impenetrable and sightless black and at best a happiness so bright that it hurts the eyes to see, coming and going on some unseen projector perpetually turned by an invisible hand. One, then another. The hollow click of the shutter. Now stop. Freeze this frame. Pluck it down and hold it close and be damned by what you see. Henri always said: the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings."
-I Am Number Four
by Pittacus Lore
And yes, the book's nice. As of right now, it's sort of been expanded into a series. Sort of. There are currently 3 books out - I Am Number Four, The Power Of Six, and The Rise Of Nine. I got the third book last month (it had just been released then) the week right before my exams and I insisted on reading it instead of studying like some mad cow so I managed to finish it in one or two days. Somehow, I believe that there'll be a fourth book out, say, next year, 'cause the story's not ended yet.
And yes, the book's nice. As of right now, it's sort of been expanded into a series. Sort of. There are currently 3 books out - I Am Number Four, The Power Of Six, and The Rise Of Nine. I got the third book last month (it had just been released then) the week right before my exams and I insisted on reading it instead of studying like some mad cow so I managed to finish it in one or two days. Somehow, I believe that there'll be a fourth book out, say, next year, 'cause the story's not ended yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment