Tuesday, 30 August 2011

My Bieber experience


 My long overdue Bieber experience is finally here :D


21st April 2011.
It's been a long time since that day.
But it's a day I will never, ever, ever forget in my entire life.
The day I went for my first Justin Bieber concert, ever.
In fact, it's like the second concert I've ever been to in my life only. The second.
Yeah, it's probably unusual for the people in America but over here, it's not that unusual, especially for people my age.

So, when I found out that Justin was going to be coming to town for a concert I begged my parents to let me go for the concert.

But they said no, and I knew it was what they were going to say from the very beginning.
It was mainly because it was going to be held in another state. And it was going to be on a Thursday, which means I'd have to miss school, and my parents wouldn't allow me to skip school just for a concert in another state.

But I didn't give up. I asked, begged and even cried.
And all I got was a, "No".
 I kept on thinking,"It IS possible." 'Cause the truth is it was possible. I believed.
And then I realised bugging my parents wouldn't work. My dad was persistent. But so was I. But no matter how impossible people made it sound, I still stuck to my opinion. Never Say Never. And so I didn't give up, no matter how much I felt like giving up.

And then, I had only one last hope - winning concert tickets from a radio station, since most radio stations have contests whenever any singer holds concerts here.
So there was this radio station here which was giving out concert tickets and I decided that I HAD to try.
And so I did.

The contest went like this: When it's the cue-to-call, you'll have to be the first caller through.
There would be a cue-to-call almost every hour. The cue-to-calls in the day time would win you two concert tickets worth 100+MYR each. The cue-to-calls in the afternoon would win you two concert tickets worth 300+MYR each. And the one cue-to-call at night - 10.45pm would win you two concert tickets worth 498MYR each, a Bieber makeover and you get to board the Bieber bus (well, it's basically free transport to the stadium).

And, man, was it hard. But you know - Never Say Never. So I didn't give up. I tried and tried. I tried whenever I was not at tuition classes. I tried whenever I was free. I tried and never gave up.
I tried for... a few weeks.

And......
On April 4th, I went out in the evening and when I came back, I took a bath and then suddenly remembered that there was a cue-to-call at 10.45pm.
And I tried to get through.
And I can't lie - it was hard.
Everytime the cue-to-call comes on, the phone lines go crazy.
So getting through the phone lines and being the first caller through definitely seemed impossible to many people. Most people, actually.

And so as usual, I picked up the phone and dialled the radio station's number.
Busy.
Dialled again. 
Busy.
Then after dialling a few more times......
FINALLY - a ringing tone!
I got so excited. But not very excited. I didn't want to get my hopes to high, 'cause there have been times in which I've tried calling in and managed to get a ringing tone but no one picked up eventually.

And then......
SOMEONE PICKED UP THE PHONE.
I was SO EXCITED. HYPED.
I just can't describe it.
And then the radio DJ - Jin - finally said something. I told him my name, and then we proceeded to the time where I'd have to prove to them that I was a true Belieber - the radio DJ would play a short clip of one of Justin Bieber's songs and when the clip stops, I'd have to continue singing the song until the DJ asks me to stop.
And they played,"It's my destinyyy, I will never say never..."
I paused for a while and the lyrics immediately came into my head.
It's a Belieber's Thing.
And I continued singing.
"I will fight, I will fight till forever, to make it right, whenever you knock me down, I will not stay on the ground, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up up up and never say never."
The lyrics came to me like I have been born with every single lyric to Justin Bieber's songs in my head.
But truth is, I've been listening to all the Justin Bieber songs for like a gazillion times so it just comes to me naturally whenever I want to sing it.
And then when I finished, he was like, "Make some noise!!! You've just won tickets!!!!!! You've won a pair of tickets worth 498MYR. Those tickets are sold out. You've also picked up a whole Bieber makeover. You'll be hopping on board the Bieber bus... We'll be catching the most powerful seventeen-year-old in the world - Justin Bieber."

I was shaking. Lost for words. Happy. Hyped.
And most of all, incredibly thankful and grateful (Don't care if they mean the same thing :D).
I was jumping around after that. Jumping like mad.

I've asked my parents,"Then can I go for the concert if I win tickets?" previously since they didn't allow me to buy tickets for the concert and they said,"IF you win them, then yes."
So they had no chance to say no.

So I waited.
Waited for the concert day to finally come.
Never Say Never 3D came out here on April 14th (We had to wait for TWO months after it was released in the US and Canada!).
I watched it two days after it came out here.
And then one week after Never Say Never 3D came out, April 21st finally arrived.
My dad accompanied me to the concert.
We took a flight to Kuala Lumpur - where the concert was going to be held.
I missed school eventually.
We reached there at around 12pm and we went to the radio station building to collect my concert tickets - the radio station's crew asked me to be there at 2pm.
Later on when the radio station's crew finally came out to see us winners (there were other winners too), they gave us our concert tickets, Bieber makeover (it was actually just a free Bieber wig and a jacket with a hoodie! :D) and they brought us to board the Bieber bus.

My concert ticket right after I got it!!! :D


It was just a normal bus, not what I expected (I expected it to be like those rockstars' tour buses where it's like this huge bus. And I thought there would've been full of Bieber stuff in the bus - Bieber posters etc.) but anyway, it was still really awesome 'cause we were escorted by police all the way to the stadium (the concert venue). Awesome. :D


Our awesome bus :)

And then when we reached, it was like about 4.12pm and the funny thing was the doors were only supposed to open at 7pm. But then anyway, us winners had the chance to win Blackberry Torches so we played a game to decide the winners.
I was the last one to be eliminated. Or I would have an awesome Blackberry Torch now.
And after that, we had to queue up outside the stadium like everyone else.
I was hoping that maybe the radio DJs could've like brought us in earlier with special permission and maybe surprise us by letting us meet Justin Bieber himself?
But no such luck D:
After that, guess what? Rain started pouring.
Fortunately, my dad brought an umbrella and so he opened it up.
Then all of the people waiting outside to go in were like screaming,"LET US IN!!! LET US IN!!!" over and over again.
At around 6pm when it was still raining, they finally let us in. We all rushed in.
When we got in, my dad and I found seats to sit down and we were in our raincoats (eventually the organisers of the concert gave us raincoats).

My wristband.
I was hoping there'd be at least a 'Justin Bieber' word on it but no such luck. But still. :)
This shot of it isn't really nice, though D:

And then the people were screaming all over the place. They practically screamed at every single thing. They screamed at a guy who went onstage.
They screamed when the spotlights were turned on for testing.
They screamed at everything.
Yes, EVERYTHING.

The guy on the left is Scooter Braun.
This photo is really blur, I know, 'cause he was on the stage and it was quite far away from where I was sitting so I had to zoom in a lot, and my hand shook a little D:
The feeling of seeing Scooter in real life was overwhelming. No, seriously.

So, long story short, a local act - Mizz Nina opened the concert.
Then there was the countdown to the start of the concert.
And DJ Tay James came out!! :D He was awesome.
And then Justin Bieber finally came out.
He slammed into Love Me with all the fog around him (like what he mentioned in his book).
He then sang Bigger.
He sang U Smile,
Runaway Love,
Never Let You Go (acoustic - he brought out his guitar!!!),
Favorite Girl (and did a guitar solo with Dan Kanter too. I absolutely love that part),
One Less Lonely Girl (I didn't get to be the One Less Lonely Girl. D: But never say never, right? :D),
and projected clips of when he was a kid while playing Stuck In The Moment (as the background music)
and then Somebody To Love.
He then played a short 'Don't text and drive' video clip.
Then NEVER SAY NEVER!!!
Later on Legaci came out and sang some songs (e.g. Katy Perry's Firework) and beatboxed too!
Then after that Justin came back out and sang One Time.
I love the part where DJ Tay James goes,"When I say Justin y'all say Bieber! Justin!"
The crowd: "BIEBER!"
Tay James,"When I say One y'all say Time! One!"
The crowd:"TIME!!!"
Then he introduced his crew to us while singing Michael Jackson's Wanna Be Startin' Something.
After that, I remember him banging on the drums. :)
Later on, he sang Eenie Meenie. He went straight to,"Let me show you what you're missin'".
After that, he sang Pray. I love that song. It was amazing.
Last but not least, he surprised us - he brought out Joel Madden from Good Charlotte and sang Dance Floor Anthem with him. Awesome. I love surprises. :D

Justin and his guitar!!! And Dan Kanter! :D



The epic moonwalk. (Video by Jin)


So to sum it all up...
I won two Justin Bieber concert tickets worth 498MYR each,
I got a free (weird) Bieber wig, and a jacket (with a hoodie!!!).
I was on national radio o.O
I was escorted by police to the stadium.
I saw Justin Bieber in person, not on TV or computer screens or in the newspapers or in photos.
 And I had the time of my life .

I am incredibly thankful and grateful.
I'd like to thank these people from the bottom of my heart:-
Hitz.FM (including Jin & Ryan - it's a pity I didn't manage to get a photo with you guys D:) - for giving me the opportunity to go to the concert,
Justin Bieber - for teaching me to Never Say Never,
My parents - for allowing me to skip school to attend the concert, and buying flight tickets for me to go to KL for the concert! :D

Thanks to everyone else too. 
Including my classmates - for making an effort to help me keep the teachers from finding out about me attending the concert (although we failed eventually D:).


A video Jin (the radio DJ from Hitz.FM, remember?) posted on Youtube. You can see me in the video (if you know how I look like :D) and my Dad is in it too :)
P.S. Justin Bieber watched this video, seriously. He tweeted it too :)


It means a lot. I'm super grateful to everyone around me.
Thank you.
Heaps of thanks to Justin Drew Bieber.
I could never thank you enough for inspiring me to do things I never thought were possible.
Thank you 



No comments:

Post a Comment